|photo credit: Bludgeoner86 via photopin cc|
Today is such an important day! Voters from all over the United States of America will be out at various locations voting for the next President of the United States of America. I made sure I went to bed last night at a reasonable hour so I could get up early and go vote. Since I already have, I thought I’d share my experience with you.
- 5:00 am – Woke up to the alarm.
- 5:01 am – I actually didn’t hit the snooze button, I was really up and excited.
- 5:05 am – Used the bathroom and brushed my teeth. (TMI?)
- 5:10 am – Pulled out layers to wear in case the line went outside.
- 5:30 am – Started tweeting. #GoVote (Follow me @DjRelAt7)
- 5:40 am -Used the bathroom one last time. (Just in case)
- 5:45 am -Got in the car to go.
- 5:50 am -Went to the school to #GoVote in CT, the line was already started. How AWEsome!
- 6:00 am – The line got to moving.
- 6:02 am – I saw A-M and got in that line right away.
- 6:03 am – As I got closer I saw that it was organized by STREET name and NOT last name. 🙁
- 6:04 am – Got into the right line;
- 6:06 am – Checked in, checked to make sure my parents were also at that location.
- 6:10 am – Voted. (It is a short ballot but I quadruple checked to make sure I filled it out right and for who I wanted to elect.)
- 6:12 am – Got my sticker.
- 6:13 am – Then I told the lady on the way out to get more signs for which line was which. I was not the only one to have to switch.
- 6:15 am – Back in my car and heading home to blog this post.
- 7:05 am – I’m Typing, right NOW.
- 7:06 am – Until I hear who won – Now I wait in anticipation to know who will be our POTUS for the next four years.
It was a quick, simple process right? Every Vote Counts! So please do not use ANY excuses today to NOT vote. It is so important to use this right! This election will effect how you live for the next four years of your life. Imagine if it were your vote to make the difference and you didn’t vote. Do not live in regret! I don’t want that for you.
Here are some quick tips:
- Before you #GoVote, check to make sure you’re at the right voting location. If you’re not sure go here, http://www.canivote.org/ , to check and it will link you up with the right website. Some locations have been changed due to the aftereffects of Hurricane Sandy.
- When you get dressed to #GoVote WEAR layers, it is COLD outside and you might be in a line for a bit. This morning I wore leggings, jeans, a pair of socks, a pair of ski socks on top of that; My Nine West Ugg-like boots; 2 tank tops, a long sleeve tee, my coat, elbow length gloves, a hat, and a scarf. It is better to take things off than to be FREEZING.
- When you #GoVote make sure you know how the lines are organized. You DO NOT want to be in a long line and realize close to the front that you’re not in the right one. Normally I’ve seen it by last name, this year it was by STREET name and people had to switch lines once they got closer to the front. Ask the person at the entrance to make sure, that is what they are there for.
- Go Vote and bring someone with you if you can!
- If you have never voted, please READ the directions.
Once you have voted stop by My Pocketful of Thoughts FB Page and share your experience. Ex: I’m in CT. The line was long but the line was fast. Or you can keep it simple and just say I Voted! Go there now!
PS: Join the My Pocketful of Thoughts community by giving a LIKE to the FB Page! Just hit like and feel free to share it with lovely like minded people by hitting share.
Join in on the conversation, click here to get started.