Did you know that October is the month of the Holy Rosary? These last couple of Saturday’s my church has been praying the Holy Rosary early in the morning. We try and pray one Rosary per day. On Sunday night, Daniel and I attended a procession at St. Margaret Shrine for the anniversary of Mary, Our Lady, appearing to the three children in Fatima Portugal. I heard prayers being spoken in three different languages in unison. It was beautiful. I mentioned to you before about the first time I prayed the entire rosary out loud on my own. However I’ve yet to explain why we pray the rosary.
In the church bulletin last week, Father Elio shared the benefits of praying the rosary. I share this list with you today.
Our Lady revealed to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan de la Roche additional benefits for those who devoutly pray the Rosary.
- Whosoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against Hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin and defeat heresies.
- It will cause good works to flourish, it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for Eternal Things. Oh, those souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The souls which recommend itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary shall not perish.
- Whosoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying to the consideration of its Sacred Mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovoked death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of Eternal Life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the Light of God and the plenitude of His Graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the Merits of the Saints in Paradise.
- I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
- The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of Glory in Heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by recitation of the Rosary.
- All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire Celestial Court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the Rosary are my Sons, and brothers of my Only Son Jesus Christ.
- Devotion to my rosary is a great of predestination.
The Rosary is great to pray with a certain intention. When you pray with a specific purpose the Rosary is great for meditating on that intention. Perhaps the answer you seek is in one of the five prayers or in one of the five mysteries that are said throughout the prayer. Whatever your reason, you’ll find that the Rosary is powerful.
Have you ever meditated over prayer?