¡Feliz año nuevo! Is it really 2014 already? I can’t believe its a new year! Where did 2013 go? Its probably under my bed with the earring I dropped on the carpeted floor and can’t find now. Yesterday I was reading all the words that people picked to represent their 2014 and I don’t even think I ever picked my word for 2013. Procrastination at its finest! Did you pick your word or make your resolutions? One thing I did get to do repeatedly in 2013 was to be thankful! I tried to do it every day and I think the blessings I received last year are a testament of how gratitude can go a long way in life. So instead of finding things to distract me as I think of the word to define my 2014, I’ll take a quick moment to start the year off in gratitude remembering 2013.
These are my top 5 reasons for gratitude in 2013.
- My Health. This year was the first year, in a while, where I didn’t suffer from pain that left me not wanting to move at all. I mentioned to you in my journey to becoming a runner how it’s really been … a journey. As I approached my 32nd birthday in 2012, I realized that I if I was going to do all the things God has in store for me, I had to start taking care of myself first.
- My tongue. While it has been a struggle to effectively communicate my thoughts in general and in my personal relationships, I’ve come a long way in 2013. I’ve learned that sometimes what I am thinking doesn’t necessarily present itself in my words. I am thankful for the words I heard in my 5th grade language arts class, “Speak in complete sentences.”
- My love, Daniel. I truly believe that once I controlled my tongue and spoke the words that reflected my heart, things fell into place in our relationship. In this life, we all are in search of our other halves. I am lucky to have found mine in Daniel. He truly is my other half and I was beyond thrilled to take our relationship officially to the next level. Being engaged to be married is really the best thing to have happened this year! While we laughed at all the “About time” responses, we felt the love from our family and friends!
- Babies. This year has been a blessing of babies being born into my family and the announcement of more to come in 2014. Children are a blessing!
- You. Yes, that’s right! I’ve written these past four years to share with you what I’ve learned and what I still need to figure out. I’ve had a great time connecting with you and learning more through you! It means a lot to have your support. You really have no idea!
2013 gave me so many blessings that I could go on for another 1000 words but I have to beat another level on Candy Crush to get me onto the next board so I can pass my future brother-in-law. (Don’t judge me!)
I look forward to 2014 and the many blessings to come to me AND you! I look forward to updating you on the wedding planning, my running and the adventure of paying down my debt! What were you grateful for in 2013?