50 Shades of Grey, the taboo book that everyone has been whispering about is now a movie. With over 2 million views of its preview trailer, many of us lovers of the 50 Shades of Grey book series wonder if the movie will live up to the books. A typical question for any movie that is based on a popular book, Will the movie stray far from the book? It’s been some time since I’ve been compelled to get to the movie theater AND write a review on a movie since Chef. Read on for 5 reasons to watch the movie 50 Shades of Grey!
Last Thursday night I kicked off the Valentine’s Day festivities with Dinner with Daniel followed by a showing of Fifty Shades of Grey. We met our friend Cristina at the Bow Tie Theater at 7:10 pm for the 8 pm showing. Daniel wondered where all the cars were but after 2o minutes of sitting in the theater, it began to fill up fast. By 7:50 pm people were splitting up to find seats. By 8:10, after the previews, the theater went SILENT.
Here’s 5 reasons why the Fifty Shades of Grey movie will NOT disappoint:
- Read the 50 Shades of Grey book by E L James? As you watch the movie you’ll see many of the passages come to life on the big screen taken straight from the pages of the book. You’ll fall in love with Anastasia and Christian all over again. Who doesn’t want to fall in love?
- Does the movie follow the book? Yes. There are a handful of scenes that are modified in the movie but it does’nt take away from the story line.
- Can I watch the movie without reading the book? Yes. Daniel did not read the Fifty Shades of Grey book and he liked the movie. Oh and he’s a man.
- Readers LOVE the love story that unfolds between Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey. Many people get caught up in the sex scenes. Yes its a Romantic Erotica Novel but the book is so much deeper than the Red Room of Pain scenes. Its about the psychology. It’s about falling in love and looking past flaws. Surely we can all relate to that?
- Jaime Dornan. I knew him first on the hit ABC Series, Once Upon a Time as Sheriff Graham in Season 1. He did not look or sound like the same man in Fifty Shades of Grey. Reviews have mentioned that they would have liked to see more to his performance of Christian Grey, they couldn’t be more wrong. I think he executed the essence of Christian Grey perfectly. If you read the book did you find his performance lacking?
- Dakota Johnson. Is bonus number 6 for watching this movie. Daughter of Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith, Fifty Shades of Grey was my first time seeing her on the screen. She NAILED the role of Anastasia Steele. Her innocence will tug at your heart strings and make you smile and laugh. You see yourself becoming protective of her as you want to scream to her LEAVE HIM ALONE! However, we’re all secretly hoping she can fix the mercurial and broken Christian Grey. Will she? You’ll have to watch the movie.
Here’s the trailer:
So grab your honey or your girlfriends … maybe not both at the same time and go see it.
Have you watched it yet? Will you go see it?
This movie is NOT for everyone. If you did not like the book, you probably will not like the movie. If you’re not familiar with the world on dominance and submission, do a google search. If its not for you, don’t read the book or see the movie.
Haven’t read the book yet . . . here’s your chance:
The above amazon slideshow of the Fifty Shades of Grey books will give me a small commission if you purchase through the link.