If God told you that he was going to destroy the earth because He was upset with how humans treated themselves and the Earth, would you believe Him? If God told you to build an Ark that would save your life and that of your families, would you build it? Those are just some of the questions that Noah had to face in Genesis 6 of the Bible. Would you do the same if you were in Noah’s shoes? Or would you wait to see what would happen?
If you’re just tuning in, we’re on the 6th Chapter of the first book of the Bible. We’re reading one chapter at a time together. If you’d like to catch up you can go here. If you’d like to join us in reading the Bible with The Daily Walk Bible (NLT) you can purchase it on Amazon here.
What we learned:
- In Genesis 6 Verse 3, God cuts down the normal lifespan to 120 years. In previous chapters we read how humans lived for centuries at a time.
- In Genesis 6 Verse 4, giant Nephilites lived on the earth and … gave birth to children who became the heroes and famous warriors of ancient times
- 1 & 2 remind of the stories of Vampires and Ancient Greece/Ancient Roman mythology.
- Genesis 6 Verse 5 tells us why God decided to bring the floods to the earth and wipe out mankind.
- Genesis 6 Verse 8, Noah is liked by God. This is why he was warned.
- Genesis 6 Verse 14-16 explains the exact specifications of how the boat was to be built.
- Genesis 6 Verse 22, Noah listens to God!
Centuries after Noah built the ship, has the human race returned to the time before the floods came? Are there things we can work on to turn it around? If God stopped and told us an upcoming doom would we believe Him and do as He asks? What would you have done if you were Noah?